Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thing 1: Set Up Your Blog

I didn't have too much trouble when it came to creating this blog; no worse than putting together a profile on facebook. Actually, since I didn't have to compile lists of my favorite music, activities, etc., it was probably easier, particularly in light of the detailed instructions provided for participants of 23 Things on a Stick. As warned, the hardest part was coming up with a name; my favorite blog, sporadically updated though it may be, is The Ornery Librarian, so I blatantly pirated that idea and tried to find the most applicable adjective. (A coworker suggested The Diabolical Librarian, which is extremely cool, but unfortunately I'd already registered this blog :-(

The templates were quite similar to ones provided in Microsoft Publisher, which I use frequently for creating fliers, bookmarks, and postcards, so no major barriers there. Note: I liked the option of changed the default colors.

No problems to report re: creating an avatar, except that yahoo had a tendency to freeze up when I was scrolling through different options, and of course the guilt I experienced doing this task on work time. It brought to mind the paper doll obsession I had during my pre-teen years - different clothes + different hair styles + fun accessories = hours of fun.

Exporting was pretty simple, although I know it would have taken me a lot longer if I hadn't had step-by-step instructions, and adding a picture was a snap.

2 comments:

aurora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurora said...

Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick. I'm glad you made it through the first two steps, and that you had enough fun to feel guilty doing it on work time. I'm also pleased to hear that the directions helped.

If you are interested in monitoring other SELS members blogs, commenting, or asking for advice you can find those here

I hope you have as much fun with the next 22 Things!

Aurora Jacobsen from SELCO