Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Procreation

It seems that everyone I know either has a brand-spanking new baby or is expecting one to arrive in the next few months. This means one thing: I've got a lot of knitting to do. I'm not a particularly good knitter, but I like it enough to keep trying, and it is always a thrill when something actually turns out. Over the past few years I've managed to find a couple of books that have relatively simple baby patterns that don't have that "knitted by a baby" - as opposed to knitted for a baby - look.

The best of the lot (in my opinion) are the the appropriately named Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss, and the nauseatingly-sweet-but-still-excellent Itty-Bitty Nursery: Sweet, Adorable Knits for Baby and Beyond by Susan B. Anderson. Give 'em a try.

No comments: