Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing 4: Exploring Flickr


Okay, I just tried including a picture from Flickr using the web address. If that doesn't work (will it show just the picture, or the whole stupid webpage?), I'll resort to the tried and true method saving the image to my hard drive and uploading it from there. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Well, it worked. But it is irrelevant because I've decided that it would be more interesting to upload a few pictures from a recent author visit...okay, done. It wasn't too bad. But I went back and tried to make sure that all of the photos were properly linked back to Flickr, and faced some difficulties. I was able to find the HTML code to put into my webpage in order to link back to the photo page, but when I tried to cut and paste the code I got the following error message:
Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tags cannot enclose tags

I tried again several times, but ended up having to let it go (a person could allow themselves to spend waaaay too much time troubleshooting).

Regardless, Flickr is cool, and when I have more time (ah, there's the rub), it would be smart to add images to the Fiction Movies and Music page of our library...maybe this summer...

No comments: