Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Del.icio.us

I have added three labels/tags to the previous post. I'll also post a few to this post.

I checked out Del.icio.us and, although it took me a minute to figure it out, I was able to view the comments and tags other people have saved (click on "saved by ___ other people" below the link in question).

Right now I'm playing with my brand-spanking-new Del.icio.us account, and good fun it is, too. I'm transferring all of my bookmarks, which means that when we get a computer upgrade here at the library, I don't have to worry about writing down all my Favorites before the old computer goes the way of the dinosaur. And since I work from my office, from the public service desk, and occasionally from the bookmobile, I will never go bookmarkless again!

As for taking advantage of this tool professionally, it might be a fun way to connect books in a Six-degrees fashion...if you like this then try this...or this...or this...

No comments: