Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

Okay, didn't have permission to edit the public document...waiting for permission...waiting.

In the meantime, my coworker Margie and I went for the challenge, and are co-editing a shared document in Zoho. Long story short: it was very easy.

Although I cannot edit the public document yet, I have had the chance look at the other options on Google Docs. Both tools have their positive and negatives, but I think that I prefer Zoho, possibly because I used it first. Oh, and I liked that every possible editing button under the sun was listed on the toolbar at the top of the page.

I think the founding fathers probably wouldn't be too concerned about misc. (and temporary) chances to this document, as long as it was in the name of education.

Update: I just edited the Declaration of Independence. I added the word "peppy", because I'm sure those founding fathers had just a bit of cheerleader in them.

No comments: