Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond MySpace - Other Social Networks

I liked the WebJunction article well enough to print it off, but I had trouble accessing the Publisher's Weekly story...the link provided didn't work, so I searched instead for any article published in the last year in PW that was about social networking and included the search term "gather."

I really hope I read the right one.*


Regardless, I successfully created an account, left a random message for my coworker Ginny, added a picture of myself, and (drum roll, please) put a badge for Ning on my blog. I also checked out some of the other social networking websites, particularly the movie-related sites. I don't belong to any social networking sites at the moment except for MySpace and Facebook, and they're about as much as I can managed for the time being. But Flixter looked pretty darn interesting...


* I checked the user comments for on the Thing 21, and I did NOT read the right article! But thankfully another member posted a link that worked, so all is well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it might be worthwhile to post the MN Readers Gather link on our FM&M desk featured sites. KE

http://www.mnreaders.gather.com/?ref=aff_mpr.07