Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 22: What did I learn today?

I will devote 15 minutes per day to maintaining my blog and checking out new Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 tools. (Boy, it's in writing now...I really hope I can live up to that statement.)

One of the first things I'm going to do is take a WebJunction webinar. Well, the first thing I'm going to do is take a bit of a breather - trying to get all 23 things done has been a bit of a challenge, esp. since February and March are often the busiest months of the year for me. So the second thing I'm going to do is enroll in in webinar. I've done them before for things like reference and dreamweaver, but maybe it's time to branch out a little further. And goodness, WebJunction definitely has a lot of options to pick from.

I'm also going to make more of an effort to maintain my LibraryThing account. I was aware of this tool before, but until I actually sat down and entered a bunch of titles, I didn't realize how addictive it could be. Uh, and helpful for RA. (Same holds true for many of the other websites out there, esp. YouTube! and Digg, two of my personal favorites.)

This has definitely been an eye-opening experience. On behalf of my fellow Minnesota librarians, let me just say Uf dah.

No comments: